I’ve heard it so many times. “I’d cook vegetables more often, but they’re such a hassle to make” or “my family won’t like them.” Well, I’m here to disprove those complaints once and for all with my Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms and Tomatoes recipe. 🙂
And before you even think of uttering “but my son/daughter/husband doesn’t like tomatoes or mushrooms” objection, don’t worry … the tomatoes and mushrooms are super easy to sort out so you can give more of them to those of us who LOVE THEM! Or, if you’re in a family of mushroom or tomato-haters, feel free to just leave one or both out.
Now some of you may remember that a year or so ago I shared another, super simple recipe for roasted asparagus that I love. Today’s recipe, however, takes things up a notch or two without much more effort. And wow, just look. Doesn’t this dish look simply amazing?
Yes, it’s the perfect recipe for any occasion! Easy enough to make for a weeknight meal, but awesome enough to serve for entertaining! Whether it’s date night at home, family dinner with the kids, or you’re entertaining some great friends, this Roasted Asparagus recipe is the perfect veggie to accompany your meal!
My Roasted Asparagus with Tomatoes and Mushrooms Recipe
1 pan, 15 minutes, and 7 ingredients (most of which you probably already have on hand)—that’s all it takes to make this recipe. Yes, you’ll probably have to put the hero ingredients of asparagus, mushrooms, and tomatoes on your shopping list, but seriously, this Roasted Asparagus dish is so easy to make, it’s going to make a regular appearance on your dinner table! I promise!
And after you’ve made it a couple times, you won’t even need a recipe. It’s that simple! So let’s get cooking!
Roasted Asparagus with Mushrooms and TomatoesRecipe By:
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus tough ends trimmed off
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil avocado oil, or melted butter
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 2/3 cup fresh mushrooms quartered
- 1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 green onion chopped (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place trimmed asparagus on rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil/butter. Roll the asparagus around in the oil/butter to coat.
- Arrange mushrooms, tomatoes, and green onions on top of asparagus. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and a little salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 6-12 minutes or until tender with a little crunch. Thinner spears of asparagus will take 6-8 minutes while thicker spears make take as much as 12-15 minutes.
- When asparagus is ready, removed from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Kitchen Tips and Resources for Roasted Asparagus with Tomatoes and Mushrooms Recipe:
- A rimmed stainless steel baking sheet is perfect for making this roasted asparagus side dish.
- I love using Avocado oil when I’m roasting food since it has a higher smoke point and tastes delicious and buttery!