This post is by blog team member, Kelly. To learn more about Kelly, check out our team page!
Looking for a new dressing to add flavor to your favorite salads? Here’s a quick recipe for a Mustard Vinaigrette salad dressing. I came up with this recipe to use with my Shaved Squash Salad, but it is a great option for all different kinds of salads!
The restaurant version of the Shaved Squash Salad I re-created at home featured a Creole Mustard Vinaigrette. I didn’t have any luck finding Creole Mustard, so I added a touch of horseradish to Dijon Mustard as a substitute. It tasted great! Later I saw Horseradish Mustard which is another great option. Finally, if you’d rather make a milder version of this mustard vinaigrette salad dressing, feel free to experiment with a prepared mustard of your choice! 🙂
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tablespoon prepared Creole or Horseradish Mustard
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tsp minced shallots
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients into a mason jar and shake well to combine.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge. Just be sure to pull it out and let it come to room temperature before serving.
Kelly Harjes is a Certified Holistic Health Coach and founder of Appetite for Healthy Change™. Her mission is to inspire others to look and feel their best, feed their families well, and help improve our food system.
Kitchen Tips and Resources from Bruce:
- Annie’s Organic Horseradish Mustard is a delicious prepared mustard that adds a whole lot of flavor to this homemade Mustard Vinaigrette.
- Mason Jars are a great way to mix and store homemade salad dressings. I especially love these 16-ounce mason jars. Their wide mouth makes it easy to pour in ingredients, and the graduated measurements along the sides allow for the quick addition of just the right amount of oil and vinegar.
- The Kolder salad dressing bottle is another good option although its narrower, traditional bottleneck makes it a little harder to quickly add ingredients. The bonus of the Kolder salad dressing bottle is that it has a variety of recipes on the bottle.