Green Beans with Leeks
Servings: 4 -5
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 1 pound green beans or haricot vert
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh leeks or sweet onions
- 6 tablespoons chicken broth vegetable broth, or water
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
Optional Almond Garnish:
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2-1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
Add olive oil, butter, garlic, and leeks to large saucepan or wok and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until leeks are soft, transparent, and starting to brown.
Stir in green beans and broth/water. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until beans are tender. Add lemon juice/vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with toasted almonds if desired.
We recommend using organic ingredients when possible.
This recipe can easily be right-sized for your table. Looking for a side-dish for two? Divide it in half. Serving a party of 10 or 12? Just double it!