If you’re ditching your processed food habit and have made clean eating recipes a priority, you’ve got to try my amazing Strawberry Spinach Salad!
This recipe proves that salads can be a real meal and taste delicious!
Made with marinated mushrooms, strawberries, and roasted chicken (or tofu if you prefer a vegetarian meal), this dinner comes together quickly thanks to the one-pan roasting method I use for the toppings. Also, one of my little secrets for making this Strawberry Spinach Salad taste so delicious is I marinate the fresh strawberries in a bit of the balsamic Italian dressing while the chicken is roasting. This makes the strawberries extra juicy and naturally sweet!
And you can’t argue with the results! Look at how beautiful this spinach salad looks!
My Clean Eating Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe
So let’s get cooking. In less than an hour, you can whip up this delicious clean eating recipe. Perfect for your family or entertaining, you’re going to love this Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe!
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8-9) (see vegetarian option in recipe notes)
- 2 medium onions sliced into quarter–inch wedges
- 8 ounces mushrooms washed and quartered
- 10 cups baby spinach washed and dried
- 3 cup sliced strawberries
- about 1 cup Balsamic Italian dressing see notes divided per instructions below
- 1 cup sliced almonds toasted (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°F. Coat an 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with a little additional oil.
- Mix together a batch of homemade Italian Dressing using balsamic vinegar.
- On a rimmed baking sheet mix together sliced onions, chicken, and 1/4 - 1/3 cup dressing until onions and chicken are well coated. Roast in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl marinate mushrooms with 2-3 tablespoons of dressing. In a second bowl, marinate strawberries with 3-4 tablespoons of dressing. There will be dressing leftover.
- When chicken/onion mixture has roasted for 20 minutes, top with marinated mushrooms and cook for an additional 8-10 minutes. Chicken is ready when its juices run clear when cut into the thickest part, or its internal temperature reads at least 165°F with an instant read thermometer. When ready remove baking sheet from oven and let cool for 2-4 minutes.
- Place spinach on plates or serving platter. Top with chicken/onion/mushroom mixture then marinated strawberries and optional toasted almonds. If desired, add a little additional Italian Balsamic dressing and serve.
Kitchen Tips and Resources for My Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe:
- A rimmed stainless steel baking sheet is perfect for roasting the toppings for this salad.
- A great pair of wooden salad tongs makes serving up this Strawberry Spinach Salad a breeze. Here are a couple of my favorites!
- As I’ve shared in other posts, cutting boards and knives are two kitchen essentials. I love these great, non-slip cutting boards and my Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature brand knives.