I love this Strawberry Salad recipe … especially this time of year when fresh, local berries and salad greens start showing up at farmers markets, co-ops, and grocery stores.
Made with your choice of salad greens, fresh strawberries, goat cheese, pistachios (or your favorite type of nut) plus a little chopped red onion and boom! You’ve got the makings for an amazing spring or summer salad. I love to top it off with my homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, but honestly a homemade Italian salad dressing works great as well.
So if you’re looking for a delicious salad that’s easy to make but literally tastes like spring or summer served on a plate, definitely give this recipe a try!
- 6 cups salad greens
- 4-8 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons pistachios or your favorite type of nut
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped (optional)
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Wash and spin dry salad greens. Top with sliced strawberries, crumbled goat cheese, pistachios, and optional red onion. Drizzle with a Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette or your salad dressing of choice.
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- A salad spinner is perfect for getting all types of greens clean and dry. I use mine all the time, especially with greens from my farmer or the farmers market. If you don’t have one, check out this top-rated one from OXO. It works well, and it’s super easy to clean!
- A great pair of wooden salad tongs makes serving up your Strawberry Salad a breeze. Here are a couple of my favorites!
- As I’ve shared in other posts, cutting boards and knives are two kitchen essentials. I love these great, non-slip cutting boards and my Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature brand knives.