Sugar snap peas and snow peas are one of our all-time favorite veggies. Why? They’re great to have on hand for quick, crunchy, healthy snacks AND they’re a perfect add-in for a stir-fry or a quick and easy side dish.
One of the best ways to dress up these pods is my Sesame Sugar Snap Pea recipe. With a touch of ginger, soy sauce, honey, and sesame seeds, this Asian-inspired dish is too yummy for words. Super fresh, great flavors, and packed with nutrients from the peas, please given this recipe a try.
And although I’ve featured sugar snap peas in the recipe, snow peas work great too! Also, you’ll definitely want to consider doubling or tripling the recipe because I absolutely LOVE these peas as a snack or with other leftovers.
So get out a wok or fry pan and cook up some of these amazing sugar snap peas! I promise … they’re sure to become a family favorite!
Recipe: Sesame Sugar Snap PeasRecipe By:
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil*
- 4 cups sugar snap or snow peas
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated or minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 small oranges*
- Heat cooking oil in wok or large pan over medium heat. Add ginger and stir briefly.
- Add peas and cook for 3-4 minutes or until bright green.
- Add half the sesame seeds, honey, soy sauce, and rice vinegar and cook for a minute.
- Using a slotted spoon remove peas and place in serving bowl.
- Cook remaining sauce on stove for an additional 2-3 minutes or until it thickens slightly.
- Drizzle sauce over peas. Garnish with orange segments and remaining toasted sesame seeds.
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- I have several different woks, but I usually use my stainless steel one to do quick stir-fries or to make this sugar snap pea recipe.
- Wooden spatulas and spoons work fine when stir-frying vegetables, but if you’ve ever tried a wok spatula, you’ll never want to go back—especially if you’re using a wok. I absolutely love mine!
- Looking to grate some ginger or orange peel without scraping your knuckles? Then check out this wonderful microplane zester/grater. It’s super for zesting citrus or grating cheese, carrots, etc. I absolutely love mine!