I’ve said it before, making a nutritious dinner with real ingredients can be challenging with work, kids, and all the other things going on in our lives. That’s why I love my one-pan Rosemary Chicken Dinner with Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus.
The Perfect Salads to Serve with Your Rosemary Chicken
My Rosemary Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Asparagus Recipe:
What do you need to make this amazing Rosemary Chicken? One pan, two bowls, and the fresh ingredients listed below. So let’s get roasting up a delicious meal! And if you have any extras, this Rosemary Chicken makes a GREAT leftover dinner or lunch!
Rosemary Chicken with Red Potatoes and AsparagusRecipe By:
Note: For most recipes you can adjust the measures for more or less servings by hovering over the servings number and moving the slider.
- 6 + tablespoons extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves I got mine from the rosemary plant in my garden!
- 4-5 cups quartered red potatoes about 12-18 potatoes depending on size
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs about 1 1/2 lb
- 1 bunch thin asparagus cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1 lb)
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ lemon optional
- Heat oven to 425°F. Coat 18x13-inch rimmed baking sheet with a little additional oil.
- In large bowl, mix 2-3 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Place potatoes on the pan in a single layer. Roast 20-25 minutes or until potatoes start to brown and are tender when pierced with a fork.
- While potatoes are cooking mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary in the same bowl used for the potatoes. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a smaller, separate bowl add 1 tablespoon oil, prepared asparagus, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic.
- When the potatoes have started to brown and are tender, stir them on the baking sheet and place chicken pieces on the sheet. Roast potatoes and chicken for about 12 minutes, then open the oven and arrange asparagus on top. Roast an additional 6-10 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (or internal temperature reads at least 165°F with an instant read thermometer) and potatoes are nicely browned.
- Squeeze lemon over dish and serve!
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- A rimmed stainless steel baking sheet is perfect for roasting this rosemary chicken dish.
- I love using Avocado oil when I’m roasting food since it has a higher smoke point and tastes delicious and buttery!
- A great garlic press makes child’s play of mincing garlic. I love this top-rated one but there are lots of great alternatives out there at all sorts of kitchen, department, and discount stores.
- I love my Thermapen splash proof, instant read thermometer! There are lots of others that work great too—just make sure you calibrate your thermometer so you cook your food to the appropriate temperature.