I absolutely LOVE roasted vegetables. Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also inexpensive and super good for you! So it should come as no surprise that my latest fall-inspired recipe is a mash-up of my favorite foods: roasted veggies, salad greens, and pasta. Voila! My Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe is born!
Perfect as a side dish yet hearty enough to serve on its own, this Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad recipe also is a fabulous, new idea for your holiday table. I absolutely love it and so will your family and guests!
In fact, I first made this salad about a month ago with some organic fall vegetables from my local farm. It was so good I ended up making a second batch and packing in on a two-day road trip I took in October.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad Recipe:
In the version I photographed for this post I used Ancient Harvest’s Black Bean POW! pasta. But honestly, you can use whatever pasta your heart desires—just try and chose one that’s made with unrefined grains. 🙂
- Prepare a batch of roasted vegetables.
- Prepare pasta according to its directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss pasta, roasted vegetables, greens, and dressing to taste. Serve and enjoy!
I hope you give this recipe a whirl! I promise, you won’t regret it!
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- A salad spinner is perfect for getting all types of greens clean and dry. I use mine all the time, especially with greens from my farmer or the farmers market. If you don’t have one, check out this top-rated one from OXO. It works well, and it’s super easy to clean!
- A great pair of wooden salad tongs makes serving up your Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad a breeze. Here are a couple of my favorites!
- As I’ve shared in other posts, cutting boards and knives are two kitchen essentials. I love these great, non-slip cutting boards and my Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature brand knives.