There’s a little bistro near my mom’s house that serves these amazing avocados as a side dish. I mean they’re so good that whenever we go there, the whole family orders them—that’s how much we like them! Even my teenage son who often opts for less nutritious options (aka fries or chips) when dining out adores these beauties.
So a couple of years ago I decided to try to re-create this avocado recipe at home, and I must say, I nailed it. But seriously…it’s not that hard. These avocados are a three ingredient dish (not counting the salt and pepper) that takes less than 5 minutes to make. Boom! You can’t beat those numbers for anything!
Ready for this quick, amazing dish? Here ya’ go. I promise…if your family likes avocados they’re going to LOVE these!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon, sliced in half
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise and remove the seed.
- Using a paring knife score the avocado flesh diagonally down to (not through) the skin. See the photo above for how it should look.
- Gently squeeze the avocado to open up the crevices in the scored flesh.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the avocados then drizzle them with olive oil. Feel free to gently squeeze the avocado a little more to get the juice and olive oil down into those scored crevices.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Let the flavors blend for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
If you don't have any fresh lemons, feel free to drizzle with some balsamic vinegar instead.