I love avocados. I think they’re just about the most perfect food around. I’ve written about how great they are in my free e-book, The Ultimate Clean Eating Guide. And last spring I shared one of my favorite recipes to make—Quick and Easy Avocados. But just when you think your avocados can’t get any better, lightning strikes. At least it did for me when I whipped up this Avocado Salad recipe from some leftover ingredients I had in my kitchen.
Boy is this Avocado Salad a delicious, easy way to eat healthy! Made with avocados, corn, cherry tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil, this salad really is an amazing taste treat.
In fact, since creating this recipe a couple of weeks ago, I’ve already made it at least 6 or 7 times and served it at two different dinner parties. YES, it’s that good! 🙂 And as I share in the recipe’s notes, feel free to substitute ingredients for what you have on hand. I’ve made lots of adjustments when I’ve made it, and this avocado salad recipe is super flexible!
So stock up on some avocados and get chopping. This recipe is going to be one of your new favorites. I promise!
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ cup frozen corn, warmed on stove-top or microwave
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half (about ½ cup)
- 2 heaping tablespoons of cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- juice from ½ lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and toss together. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve plain or on a bed of greens like arugula. Enjoy!
Feel free to mix things up and substitute ingredients as you see fit. Don't have a lime? A lemon will do. No cherry tomatoes? A regular tomato will do just fine. And if you don't like cilantro—just leave it out or try replacing it with a fresh herb you enjoy!
Kitchen Tips and Resources:
- As I’ve shared in other posts, cutting boards and knives are two kitchen essentials. I love these great, non-slip cutting boards and my Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Signature brand knives.
- Although juicing a lime or lemon can be as easy as squeezing it, to really get the most juice out without a lot of fuss, I love to use a wooden reamer like this one from Oxo.