I’m always mixing up different salad dressings. Honestly, there isn’t an easier way to add flavor to your salad. AND, you avoid all those processed ingredients that are in most bottled dressings!
My latest creation is an Orange Vinaigrette! I use it to dress my Orange Spinach Salad with Toasted Almonds, and WOW is it amazing.
Tangy with a touch of sweetness, this deliciously citrusy salad dressing really makes your salad greens pop with flavor. And if you have any left over, try drizzling it on some cooked chicken or vegetables. Boy, is it amazing!
My Recipe for Orange Vinaigrette
Four ingredients (orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, and garlic) plus a little salt and pepper—that’s all you need to whip up my orange vinaigrette salad dressing. I usually make it when I have a couple extra oranges on hand, but you’ll probably like it so much that you’ll buy some oranges just to make this salad dressing with my Orange Spinach Salad! 🙂
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Mix by hand, in a salad dressing shaker bottle, or pulse for 10-15 seconds with an immersion blender. Serve and enjoy!
Kitchen Tips and Resources for My Orange Vinaigrette:
- Looking for something to mix up your salad dressing in? Mason jars are a great option that most of us have on hand. I especially love these 16-ounce mason jars. Their wide mouth makes it easy to pour in ingredients, and the graduated measurements along the sides allow for the quick addition of just the right amount of oil and vinegar. The Kolder salad dressing bottle is another good option although its narrower, traditional bottleneck makes it a little harder to quickly add ingredients. The bonus of the Kolder salad dressing bottle is that it has a variety of recipes on the bottle.
- Do you bring salads to work or school for lunch but hate the mess that salad dressing containers can make? Then here are two great options. GoToob travel bottles are not only perfect for your travel needs, but they’re amazing for salad dressing on the go. Made from food grade silicon (100% BPA/polycarbonate free), these bottles are simply amazing. I can personally vouch for them—they’ve NEVER leaked on me yet! Can your travel bottle say that? The other option that I have less experience with (but many folks swear by) are the Dressing 2-Go squeeze bottles.
- A great garlic press makes child’s play of mincing garlic. I just mince the garlic right into my salad dressing shaker. I love this top-rated one, but there are lots of great alternatives out there at all sorts of kitchen, department, and discount stores.
- Cuisinart’s immersion blender comes is handy for making this Orange Vinaigrette, although my high-speed Blendtec blender does make this salad dressing extra creamy and delicious!