First off, I share my food values not to tell you what to believe, but to let you know where I’m coming from. While my values are based on over fifteen years of firsthand experience running some of the biggest brands in Big Food and countless hours of research and reading, we all need to examine the world through our own lens. When we discover our own truth our values become much more powerful and inform how we act and live.
So what do I believe? Here’s a summary of my food values:
- Eat more veggies, fruits, and other minimally processed plants.
- Eat real food by cooking more, eating out less, and ditching the boxes, bags, bottles, and cans of processed foods.
- Support local, sustainable agriculture whenever possible.
- Eat less meat and animal products, but when you do, support responsibly-raised animals and ensure their humane treatment.
- Listen to my body and simple truths vs. the latest fad.
- Be kind to myself and do my best—perfect doesn’t exist!
- Don’t judge.
My hope is through this website as well as my books, articles, speaking events, and interviews that I can help inform and inspire people to discover their food values and take steps toward living a happier and healthier lifestyle, whatever that means for them.
Here are links to some additional information you might enjoy:
- Learn how we’re different from a lot of other food blogs by reading the values and vision we’re bringing to life at brucebradley.com.
- Learn more about my food journey from Big Food marketer to REAL food fan.